garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
A handful of fresh mint leaves
a red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
of ground cumin
A good pinch of ground coriander
Juice of 1 lemon
of plain Greek yoghurt
Sea salt and black pepper
pitta breads, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Place the aubergines on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until tender. Cool and cut in half; scoop out the flesh and place in a blender.
- Meanwhile cook the peas in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, until tender, drain and refresh under cold water, drain well again, making sure all the excess water has been removed. Then place the rapeseed oil, garlic, mint leaves and peas into the food processor, along with the aubergine, and blend to a thick puree.
- Add the yoghurt and blend again, until the yoghurt is just combined. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the chili, cumin, coriander and lemon juice and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl, toast the pitta breads and cut into fingers and serve warm with the dip - delicious!
This dip is also great with sticks of carrot, peppers, baby tomatoes, celery and nachos.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.