- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp clean cloth, remove the mushroom stalks and roughly chop them. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with oil, place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, melt the butter and fry the onion and mushroom stalks for 5 minutes, to soften, but not browned. Then add the peas with 1 tablespoon of cold water, cook for a further minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl; mix with 225g of garlic and herb cream cheese, basil and the pine nuts and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Spread the remaining garlic and herb cream cheese on top of the mushrooms, drizzle with a little oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W).
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this recipe
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.