- 2 tsp chilli powder
vegetable or rapeseed oil
clove garlic, peeled and crushed
tin haricot beans, drained and rinsed
onion, peeled and finely diced
Dash Worcestershire sauce
sour cream (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, deep frying pan and brown the mince well in two batches, making sure it is well broken up and browned evenly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in the pan and add the onion. Cook gently for 5 - 10 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic, cumin seeds and chilli powder to taste, depending on how hot you like your chilli.
- Cook the garlic and spices with the onion for 1 minute, then add the tomato puree and cook, stirring for a further minute.
- Add the haricot beans to the pan and coat with the onion and spice mixture, then return the browned mince to the pan and mix well.
- Add the passata, tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer gently for 10 - 15 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the chilli has thickened.
- Add the frozen peas and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
Serve the chilli in the taco shells, with grated cheese, shredded lettuce and soured cream on the side.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.