Dinner parties are a great excuse to catch up over delicious food with your loved ones. On the flip side it can be a stressful affair - but the folks at Birds Eye are here to tell you it doesn’t have to be! Leave your guests questioning how on earth you pulled it off, with our handy guide for a stress-free dinner party!
Creating a Dinner Party Menu
- Figure out the party size: First determine how many people you will be cooking for. This will help you understand what ingredients to buy and their quantities.
- Who are your guests: Find out who will be attending your dinner party and ask yourself a few questions:
Do you know what foods they like?
Does anyone have any allergies/food requirements/dietary restrictions?
- Pick a theme/cuisine: When you incorporate a theme into a dinner party, everything falls into place and planning becomes easier. It’s a bit of fun and builds up excitement for your guests. You can get creative with how you present your food and décor to match the theme.
- Plan your menu ahead of time: The key is in choosing recipes that can be easily prepared ahead of time. Keep it simple! After all, you equally deserve to enjoy the food you so lovingly put together! The aim is not to overstretch yourself.
- Choose foods that work well together: When creating your dinner party menu, make sure that each course complements one another, e.g., pairing a creamy and cheesy starter with a light and refreshing dessert.
Easy Dinner Party Starters
Get the party started with these delectable and easy dinner party recipes to wow your guests with.
This is the perfect dinner party starter when it’s warm and summery. Serve with cos lettuce, cooked chargrilled chicken, bread croutons, and a creamy mayonnaise mix on the side. Lastly, shave parmesan over the top and dig in! It’s delicious!
When it comes to dinner party recipes, these chicken dipper kebabs are as easy as it gets. Your guests will be wanting more! Pair crispy chicken dippers with courgettes, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and place under a hot grill. Serve with a luscious garlic aioli dip and enjoy!
Plate up these posh fish finger wraps at your next dinner party. It’s a classy twist on a British classic and sure to get mouths watering. Serve fish fingers in a fluffy tortilla wrap, a dollop of lime yoghurt, salsa, and garnish with a sliced lemon. This is the perfect finger food and a breeze to make.
This dinner party starter will jazz up the evening. It’s colourful, nutritious, and bursting with flavour! Pair tender stem broccoli with tofu, carrot, peas and toss with herbs. Finish off with a chilli and lime dressing to bring the salad together. Now all that’s left to do is to tuck in!
Delicious Dinner Party Mains
Having trouble coming up with a crowd-pleasing main course? You've come to the right place, because our dinner party mains will help you throw the best party yet!
Did someone say fajita Fridays? These spicy chicken fajitas are simple to make and easily customisable. For a full-on Mexican fiesta dish up peri peri chicken chargrills, salsa and guacamole in a tortilla wrap and season with lime juice and milled pepper. This dinner party main will get the party started and have your guests dancing!
This truly unique dish is great to serve at a dinner party. This roast chicken is perfectly paired with sweet potatoes and oozing with zest from orange peels. Not only is it absolutely scrumptious, but it’s also a one dish wonder. That means less time in the kitchen and more time to mingle. Sounds like a win win situation.
If you’re out to impress your guests, this is the dinner party recipe for you. Experience the rich, umami flavour of miso in this Japanese-style marinated cod dish. Pair this melt in your mouth cod with a radish and onion salad, coriander, and lime to serve. It may just become a dinner party favourite.
This delicious and fragrant dish is light on the stomach and great for a summer dinner party main, with warming cinnamon and zesty orange that’ll surely bring a smile to your guests’ faces. Dish up fluffy couscous with chickpeas, green peas, pistachios, currants, and a sprig of parsley.
Now that you have your dinner party menu sorted, it’s time to kick back and relax. You’ve done all the work! Whilst you’re here why not take a peek at our recipes page for more delicious inspiration?