- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350ºF/Gas Mark 4
- Peel garlic, place the cloves in to tin foil and roast for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Fry the onion, carrots and celery in the butter and oil for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the frozen peas and coat in the oil and butter mixture.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Squeeze the soft roasted garlic into the pea soup and puree roughly.
Add white wine and double cream and blend smooth.
Season to taste, add chives (optional), serve and enjoy!
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W)
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.