- Add the butter to a large heavy based saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and pears and cook them gently. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until the onion is looking about to turn brown.
- Add the vegetable stock and peas. Then, simmer for 5 minutes while adding in the watercress. Stir as you add the watercress. Save a couple of sprigs of watercress to be added as a garnish when serving.
- Adjust the seasoning with sea salt and black pepper, blending until the soup is smooth.
- Finally add a little creme fraiche and a sprig or two of watercress on top.
If you are looking for a healthier option then you can swap the butter for olive oil and use reduced-fat creme fraiche. You can also swap the stock cubes for low sodium stock cubes.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.