/ 1oz Butter
extra virgin olive oil
Spring Onions, chopped into rounds
2 large Carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
medium-sized fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
dry white wine
250g / 9oz chopped Asparagus tips
finely chopped Mixed Herbs (mint, chives and parsley)
50g Dried Spaghetti (optional)
Squeeze of Lemon juice
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Freshly grated or shaved Parmesan, to serve
Warm Bread, to serve
- Melt the oil and butter in a large pan. Add the fennel and carrots and stir over a gentle heat for about 5-6 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add the spring onion and cook until softened.
- Pour in the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for a further 5 minutes on a low to moderate heat.
- Add the peas, asparagus, edamame beans and cook for a further 5 minutes until tender. Optional step - add in spaghetti and cook for further 10 minutes
- Stir in the herbs and cream and season well with a squeeze of lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve at once with the parmesan and warm bread!