You can’t go wrong with a big, juicy steak for dinner, especially one cooked to delicious perfection. When you fancy a side of fresh veg, homemade chunky chips, or a simple salad, a succulently cooked steak will remain the tender centrepiece of any meal combo.
Our flavoursome Beef Grill Steaks come coated in delicious herbs and spices and can be cooked straight from frozen. So, that means less time in the kitchen and more money saved. All the methods listed below apply to both our Beef Grill Steaks and Birds Eye Minted Lamb Grill Steaks, so pick whichever one tickles your fancy!
So, whether you’re cooking steak in the oven, on the grill, or even the BBQ, we’ve got you covered. Follow our handy tips and tricks to find the best way to cook steak with little to no hassle. Bon Appetit!
How to Grill Steak
Grilling your steak will bring you the tastiest results, allowing all the beautiful flavours and layers of your meat to come alive. Follow these quick and easy steps to get the best results when grilling your steak from frozen.
1. Pre-heat your grill on a medium temperature.
2. Place your steak onto the top shelf of your grill.
3. Turn your steak occasionally throughout grilling to allow both sides to be evenly cooked
4. Grill your steak for 12 minutes in total. Take your beautifully cooked steak out of the grill
and plate up with a side of Birds Eye Original Potato Waffles.
How to Oven Cook Steak
An alternative to grilling, is to oven cook steak. This will still produce brilliantly yummy results, whilst allowing the aroma of sizzling steak to run through your kitchen. Follow these easy steps for best results:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 230°C, fan 210°C, Gas mark 8.
2. Place your steak on a tray in the middle of the oven.
3. Turn over your steak 6 minutes into cooking to allow both sides to cook through.
4. After 12 minutes, take your steak out of the oven and pair with Birds Eye Country Mixed Vegetables.
5. Melt some garlic butter over the steaks for an extra special touch.
6. Enjoy your perfectly cooked and flavoursome steak meal.
How to Barbeque Steak
If you’re looking to add a little something special to your usual BBQ menu, then this will do the trick. Barbequing your steak will create some magic by bringing those yummy, chargrilled flavours to the party.
1. Ensure your coals are glowing red hot with a powdery grey surface.
2. Place your steak onto the BBQ for a couple of minutes, turning regularly.
3. Take your chargrilled steak off the BBQ ensuring it is piping hot, with no pink meat remaining and leave to settle for 5 minutes.
5. Now all that’s left to do is to tuck in! Bon Appetit!
Succulent Steak Recipes
Running low on meal ideas? Deciding what to have for dinner can be tricky at times, especially when you’ve just got in from a long day at work and have kids waiting to be fed. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some mouth-watering steak recipes you can whip up in a jiffy. You can thank us later!
Steak with Mushroom and Pea Risotto
Add some pizzazz to your mid-week meal with this flavoursome risotto, which is sure to become a firm family favourite, and perfect partner to your freshly cooked steak.
Steak with Four Cheese Mac and Cheese with Peas
Variety is the spice of life, so why not add four different cheeses to your standard mac and cheese to take it to the next level. The four types of cheese bring out the big, bold flavours of your tender steak, leading to a mouth-watering experience.
Steak with Pea and Potato Mash
Adding some green goodness to your mash brings this traditional favourite to life. It's packed full of flavour and a definite winner alongside a succulent steak.
Steak with Rainbow Salad
Fancy brightening up your meal. Well, our crunchy rainbow salad will do just the trick. Unleash your creative side and fill your plate with the colours of the rainbow. It's the perfect side dish to compliment your tender steak!
Steak with Basil Pea Pesto and Sundried Tomato Gnocchi
Give your juicy steak an Italian kick with this smooth and flavoursome dish. The fresh basil from the pesto combined with zesty sundried tomatoes, enhances the flavours of your succulent, cooked steak.
Are you looking for some more tasty, mealtime favourites for the whole family? Take a look at these easy and flavourful meal ideas and you’ll never be stressed at dinnertime again. Even better, we’ve planned out your meals for the whole week! Check out our scrumptious day-by-day meal plan which is sure to keep the entire family happy.