skinless Chicken Breasts or Birds Eye Chicken (sliced into strips)
freshly ground Black Pepper
Chinese Cabbage (shredded finely)
Red Pepper (deseeded and sliced)
Spring Onions (thickly sliced)
Light Soy Sauce
- Blend the corn flour with the sherry
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until very hot. Season the chicken and cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reheat the pan and add the cabbage, red pepper, bean sprouts, peas, spring onions and garlic. Cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the stock, soy sauce and sherry mixture
- Cook for another minute until the liquid has thickened slightly and the vegetables are still crisp
- Taste and check the seasoning, then serve at once with plain white rice
Try adding Birds Eye Peas to any stir-fry recipe
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.