For the soup:
large onion, peeled and chopped
small carrot, trimmed, peeled and finely chopped
cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
dry white wine
medium courgettes, diced into small pieces
spring onions, trimmed and cut into small rounds
For the muffins (Makes 9 muffins):
bicarbonate of soda
Freshly ground black pepper
Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
Handful basil leaves, chopped
parmesan cheese, grated
semi skimmed milk
- Preheat Oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5
- To make the muffins, in a mixing bowl sift flour, polenta, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and mustard powder, season with sea salt and pepper and mix together.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves and parmesan cheese and thoroughly mix.
- In a separate jug combine the milk, rapeseed oil and eggs, add to the dry mixture and combine together.
- Grease a muffin tray and evenly spoon in the mixture. Bake for 15- 20 minutes until cooked and golden brown. Set aside.
- For the soup, heat the olive oil in a large heavy based saucepan, add the onion and carrot and cook over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring until slightly soft, add the garlic and sweat for a further minute.
- Add the white wine and increase the heat to reduce by half. Add the vegetable stock and orzo pasta and cook for a further 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the courgettes, peas and spring onions and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the chives, mint, parsley and basil and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and the sundried-tomato, polenta and basil muffins.
If the soup is a little too thick, add more vegetable stock.
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this product
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.