French bread, around 1inch thickness
garlic clove, peeled and crushed slightly
A handful crushed mint leaves
half fat crème fraiche (optional)
Squeeze lemon juice
Paprika or cayenne pepper for decorating
- Brush the bread with the olive oil, and then rub with the garlic and sea salt.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan until very hot and then add the slices of bread in batches and toast well on both sides. Spread a little pesto on each bruschetta. Using either a pestle and mortar or a food processor (crush or pulse) the peas, mint, crème fraiche (if using), add a squeeze of lemon juice and stir in most of the feta cheese and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- The pea mixture does not want to be completely smooth, it should have some texture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the bruschetta, top with the remaining crumbled feta cheese and sprinkle with a little paprika or cayenne pepper.
This mixture is also lovely spooned over pan-fried chicken or salmon or used as a dip for crudities.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.