- Start by preparing the Quick Ginger Pickle Carrots. Add 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 clove garlic, 3 teaspoons honey, salt, and 3 tablespoons hot water to a small bowl, and stir until the salt and honey have dissolved. Add 100ml rice wine vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add the prepared carrots, stir to combine. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC and cook the
per the packet instructions.
Meanwhile, prepare the Teriyaki sauce. Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, spring onion, and 1 garlic clove. Stir and cook for around 1 minute, or until your kitchen is filled with a delicious aromatic smell.
Next add the sliced red pepper, stir, and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the soy sauce, honey, water, and sesame seeds. Stir and cook for 4–5 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
- Once you have all of your elements ready, it's time to build your donburi bowl!
- Add your cooked sushi rice to two bowls, slice your , and place onto the rice. Then, add sugar snap peas, pak choi, pickled carrot, and cucumber ribbons. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped red chilli, spring onion, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!