olive oil, 2
1 large onion, diced
garlic cloves, crushed, 3
3-4 jalapeno chillies, sliced
2 chicken breasts
2x cans chopped tomatoes, 400
chicken stock, 500
1 can red kidney beans
1/2 can cannellini beans
1/2 can black beans
4 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, onion, garlic and jalapeno chilli and fry over a medium heat until the onion has softened.
- Add the 2 whole chicken breasts and cumin to the pan and fry until chicken begins to brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, kidney beans, cannellini beans, black beans, sweetcorn and peas to the pan.
- Whilst the dish is simmering, slice the tortilla wraps into strips.
- Once all the ingredients are added, reduce the heat and cover the pan loosely with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken has cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Once golden, remove from the heat, and set aside.
- Once chicken has cooked through remove the chicken from the pan. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken then add back to the pan, stir and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve the soup in bowls and top with the tortilla crisps.
- In a separate pan, fry the tortilla strips in batches in a little olive oil until golden and crisp.
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this recipe
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.