fresh garlic (chopped)
small onion (chopped)
fine green beans (trimmed and chopped)
green chilli (chopped)
teaspoon cumin powder
55g - 80g
potatoes (peeled, parboiled and chopped)
carrots (peeled and sliced)
cm piece fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
salt (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat setting.
- To check that the oil is hot enough, sprinkle in a few mustard seeds. If they pop, the oil is ready. Add the remainder of the mustard seeds and the onion.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, then add the chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, salt, cumin and coriander and fry for a further minute.
- Add the carrots, then, 2 minutes later, the beans. After another 2 minutes add the peas.
- Stir fry for another minute and finally add the potatoes. Stir for a further minute.
- Mix in the coconut and 300 ml of hot water. Cover with a lid and simmer on a very low heat for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is fairly thick. The korma should be medium brown in colour.
You can add Birds Eye Peas to any curry for extra colour and flavour.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.