- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat setting.
- To check that the oil is hot enough, sprinkle in a few mustard seeds. If they pop, the oil is ready. Add the remainder of the mustard seeds and the onion.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, then add the chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, salt, cumin and coriander and fry for a further minute.
- Add the carrots, then, 2 minutes later, the beans. After another 2 minutes add the peas.
- Stir fry for another minute and finally add the potatoes. Stir for a further minute.
- Mix in the coconut and 300 ml of hot water. Cover with a lid and simmer on a very low heat for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is fairly thick. The korma should be medium brown in colour.