Keep reading if you’re looking for inspiration on how to cook frozen fish, or want some frozen fish recipe ideas.
Why is it important to eat fish?
How to cook frozen fish
The beauty of Birds Eye frozen fish is that you can create nutritious, tasty meals that are easy to prepare – perfect for mid-week meals and healthy family dinners. Our frozen fish retains the taste and nutrition so you can be safe in the knowledge that you and your family are eating wholesome, healthy meals.
Read more about the quality of our delicious frozen fish with our guide to retaining nutrients and taste.
Whether you’re cooking on the grill, in the oven or in the microwave, our range of frozen fish recipes will help you get creative in the kitchen with meals the whole family can enjoy. Our frozen fish fingers make the ultimate fish finger sandwich, while our battered and breaded fish are perfect for cooking a hearty plate of classic fish and chips.
You can cook our Birds Eye battered and breaded frozen fish in the following ways:
How to cook frozen fish in the oven:
• To prepare, oven bake straight from the freezer and cook fish from frozen
• Pre-heat the oven to the temperature stated on the packaging
• Cook frozen fish in the middle of the oven on a baking tray, until crisp and golden*
How to cook frozen fish on the grill:
• Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat
• Grill fish from frozen, turning over occasionally during cooking
• Cook until crisp and golden according to the packet instructions*
Our fish Inspirations can also be cooked in the oven, or in the microwave for even more convenience:
How to cook frozen fish in the microwave:
• Place your microwaveable Birds Eye Inspirations in the microwave and cook according to packet instructions*
• Stand for 1 minute
*Remember to check the packet instructions for individual timings and temperatures. Please ensure food is cooked until piping hot. These instructions are guidelines only. Do NOT refreeze after defrosting.
Don’t forget that we’ve also created a variety of barbecue fish recipes if you’re looking for some ideas on dining al fresco.
Frozen fish recipes
Cooking fish from frozen is a great way to enjoy wholesome and nutritious meals when you’re short on meal ideas and want to spend more time with your family and friends than being in the kitchen. From crispy fish finger pie to big American fish burgers, our variety of Birds Eye frozen fish recipes will have something on the menu that everyone can enjoy.