medium onion, peeled and chopped
garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
cm ginger, finely shredded
red pepper, diced 1 carrot, peeled and diced
carrot, peeled and diced
spring onions, shredded
light soy sauce
good quality hoi sin sauce
handful of fresh coriander, chopped
dried egg noodles, cooked
Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and add the onion, garlic, ginger, minced pork and chinese spices.
- Stir fry for 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add the red pepper and carrot to the pork and stir fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the peas (cooking according to pack instructions), bean sprouts, spring onion, soy sauce and hoi sin sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and add a handful of chopped coriander.
- Mix well and serve with noodles.
The less water you use when cooking peas, the less vitamin C is lost. Steaming helps to conserve this vitamin. When boiling frozen peas, add enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 3 minutes. To microwave 227 grams (8oz) of frozen peas add 15ml (1 tablespoon) of water, place in a non metallic container and cover. Cook on full power for 4 minutes (750W) or 4 1/2 minutes (650W).
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this recipe
Info per serving