How To Cook Frozen Veggie Sausages
Buying frozen sausages means you can always have them ready for a quick yet tasty meal. What’s even better is that Green Cuisine Meat-Free Sausages are packed full of pea protein as well as a unique combination of herbs and spices for a scrummy sausage that’s rich in protein and is also a great source of fibre. Whether you’re cooking for one or the whole family, just use as many sausages as required!
Here’s how to cook them in both an oven and in a pan:
Oven cook from frozen
Cooking time: 13-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Fan 180° C or Gas Mark 6.
- Place your sausages on a baking tray in the middle of the oven.
- Turn over halfway through cooking.
- Serve your lip-smacking sausages as part of a tasty dish and enjoy!
Pan cook from frozen
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Shallow fry the meat-free sausages in the pan over a low heat.
- Turn your sausages over occasionally for even cooking.
Are you craving a traditional and hearty dinner? Use your new favourite veggie sausages for a meat-free take on a household classic, such as vegetarian bangers and mash or vegetarian toad in the hole.
How to grill sausages
If you’re cooking meaty sausages, you can use the same techniques as above! Whether your sausages are frozen or fresh, just follow the instructions on your pack to work out how long you should cook your sausages for, and at what temperature.
Another way to cook meaty sausages is on the grill. This is a slightly healthier option, as grilling allows fat to run out of the sausage. Here’s how to cook the perfect grilled sausage:
Grill from fresh
Cooking time (check your pack for more precise instructions!): 6-12 minutes
- Turn the grill onto a medium heat.
- Place sausages onto a grill pan that will catch any juices that run off.
- Place underneath the grill, turning the sausages over every few minutes.
- You will know your sausages are cooked through when the juices run clear when pierced with a fork. You also won’t be able to see any pink meat.
- Enjoy your sausages in an inventive dish like this chickpeas, spinach and sausage stew or simply with a side of Steamfresh vegetables.