Getting back into the swing of routine come September can be a stressful time; with post-holiday washing to do, new pencil cases to be bought, uniforms to cobble together, new early starts... and early nights... and one thing we still need to do through all of this is feed the family tasty and nutritious meals – but how to fit it all in?!
Read on to learn how Birds Eye can help you take one thing off your plate this September (and all year round!) by helping you with nutritious, easy teatimes you know your family will love.
Birds Eye has partnered with Adam and Caroline Thomas to help reassure parents that they're not alone at this busy time of year and how Birds Eye can lend a helping hand.
Caroline says, “I know many parents who get stressed by the back-to-school period, and I’ll admit, I’m definitely one of them. I do worry about my little ones going back this September, with Adam being super busy with work at the moment. A lot of the back-to-school tasks will be sat with me, from buying uniforms to getting them back into a good sleep routine, it can be tricky. That said, I always look forward to sitting down with them after a long day and catching up on their days -they always have such sweet stories! As Adam will likely not be around much, we’ll definitely be having trusty Birds Eye Chicken Dippers as that’s the kids’ favourite!
"Midweek mealtimes are always so hectic so I’m always looking at how I can make teatimes easier for me but also as tasty as possible for the kids. Adam and I’s dinner of choice on the first day back would definitely be Birds Eye Fish Fingers but the kids love the Chicken Dippers, it’s their go-to... although, if Elsie had her way, she’d be eating Birds Eye Potato Waffles and jam for breakfast, lunch and dinner!”
Check out your local stores this September for some great Birds Eye deals!
(offers and promotions are subject to store format, location and availability. Pricing is at the discretion of the retailer)
Asda (31st August to 20th September):
- Birds Eye 38 Chicken Dippers £3.50
- Birds Eye Chicken Grills range - selected 2 packs included in 4 for £5 deal
- Birds Eye 20 Omega 3 Fish Fingers £3.50
- 4 for £5 includes Birds Eye Alphabites and Birds Eye Garden Peas 800g
Did you know?!
- Freezing is a natural preservation method - there’s no need for any preservatives other than ice, and in Birds Eye food you can be sure that there aren't any added colours or additives.
- The freezing process locks in food’s goodness – including vitamins and minerals - only releasing them when they're cooked and ready to eat.
- Frozen vegetables and fruits count just as much towards your ‘5-a-Day’ recommended intake as their fresh counterparts.
- Frozen fish counts just as much towards the recommended 2 weekly portions as fresh fish.
- Frozen food is kept fresh and ready for when you want it –helping you keep the quality of your food.
- Frozen fruits, vegetables and fish are available and at their best all year round in the freezer - there are no seasons in the freezer :)
- Using frozen food can significantly help reduce in-home food waste, which can help save you money.
- Frozen food is perfect for controlling portion sizes - use only what you need, and put the rest back in the freezer for another time - saving you a trip to the store because your fresh veg has gone off!
- Frozen vegetables and fish are quick and simple to prepare - so eating healthily can be even easier!
Terms and Conditions: Birds Eye Social Media Back to School Giveaway
Promoter: Birds Eye Limited, No.1 New Square, Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 8HA (please do not send entries to this address).
- The Promotion is open to all registered users of Instagram who are UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter and their families, its agents and anyone else otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- There will be 3 x winners selected at random for the Promotion. Each winner will receive 1 x Tower T17088 Vortx 9 Litre Dual Basket Air Fryer and £50-worth of Birds Eye vouchers which can be used at most major UK retailers.
- To enter, participants must follow @birdseyeuk in Instagram, like this post & comment below with your favourite Birds Eye product that makes the #BackToSchool period that little bit easier. There is no postal entry equivalent to this Promotion. No purchase is necessary.
- Entries from organised groups and competition clubs, as well as bulk entries, will not be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right in its discretion to remove, obscure or suspend any entries that it reasonably believes to be inappropriate (whether due to obscenity or for any other reason). Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter's reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion, as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- One entry per person, regardless of the number of comments made per account are permitted during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating additional Instagram accounts will be disqualified from this Promotion.
- The prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative. In the event that the prizes are unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a similar experience or product of equivalent or greater value.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or mislaid entries or entries that are not received due to any problems with third party services, including Internet connections.
- The Promotion will run from 04/09/2023 and all entries must be received by 11:59:59 on the 18/09/2023.
- The winners will be selected at random after the final closing date (11:59pm on 18/09/2023), and will be notified via an Instagram direct message sent from the Birds Eye Instagram account on 19/09/2023 by 6.00pm.
- Winners will be required to acknowledge their notification of winning by sending a private message to Birds Eye UK by 09:00 on 03/10/2023. If they have not done so by this time then the Promoter reserves the right to select a new winner. The same process will be repeated until a winner has claimed the prize. The prizes will be sent to the winners [by post within 28 days of confirmation to a postal address within the UK supplied by the winner. If a winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize two weeks from acknowledging notification of winning, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant.
- All the Promoter’s decisions in relation to the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into with participants.
- The Promoter shall send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails or writes to an address in these Terms and Conditions within one month after the Closing Date of the competition.
- By entering the Promotion (a) you give consent that the Promoter may contact you in relation to the Promotion and you agree to have your voice, image, photograph, name and likeness used for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice; and (b) consent to the use of your personal information by the Promoter and its agents for the purposes of administering this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the Promoter to provide the prizes or otherwise that may cause the Promoter to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prizes in transit to the winners. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's or any other person's/entity's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited. Although the Promotion appears on Instagram, it is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. Participants agree that Instagram is not liable in any way, and hereby release Instagram fully from all liability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions are made under and governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.