For the Beef:
Rolled Beef Rib
Sea salt and black pepper
For the Herb Breadcrumbs:
fine fresh Breadcrumbs
freshly chopped Basil
heaped tbsp Dijon Mustard
freshly chopped Rosemary
Sea salt and Black Pepper
For the Pea, Potato and Horseradish Mash:
Potatoes, peeled and chopped
Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven 220°C/Gas 7
- Season the joint with sea salt and black pepper, rubbing it into the fat and flesh.
- To prepare the herb crust for the beef, place one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and heat. Seal the beef on all sides, including the ends. Remove from the heat and place the beef in a roasting tray. Set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and chopped herbs together with a little sea salt and black pepper. Spread the beef with mustard and then press plenty of breadcrumb mix onto the mustard. Melt the butter and the remaining olive oil and drizzle over the herb crusted beef.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes then turn down the oven to 160°C/Gas 3 and continue to cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium or 15 minutes per 450g for rare. Remove the roast from the oven, cover in foil and rest on a plate for a good 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the mash; cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes until tender, add the peas 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time, drain well. Add the horseradish, butter and cream, season well and mash together.
- To serve, slice the beef and serve on top of the pea, potato and horseradish mash.
WHAT OUR CONSUMERS THINK
Write a review Cancel
Be the first to review this recipe
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.