- Melt the butter in a large pan then add the onion, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Then add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice before adding the pureed and whole peas. Season to taste.
- Return to the heat and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the rice is cooked
- Before serving, stir in the parmesan and sprinkle with fresh mint