- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare a 12 hole muffin tin by greasing well with butter. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and blanch the frozen peas for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and dry mustard powder into a large mixing bowl, and add the salt, freshly ground black pepper and mixed herbs or chives.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg with an electric whisk and add the boursin cheese, whisking until the cheese has broken up and combined smoothly with the egg. Whisk in the milk, and then, using a wooden spoon, stir in the peas and ham.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix lightly and quickly to combine. Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tin and sprinkle the top of each muffin with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and firm to the touch. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm with butter, as a light lunch with a cheese omelette, or as a savoury snack.
These savoury muffins are ideal for a lunchbox or picnic. (Makes 12 muffins)
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.