chicken stock (boiling)
Birds Eye Peas
dry white wine
medium tomatoes (roughly chopped)
chicken breasts (diced)
small cherry tomatoes
raw king prawns (shell and head on)
freshly ground black pepper
- In a paella pan, heat the olive oil and fry the chicken pieces for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the prawns, stir, then add the garlic and tomatoes. Fry for a couple more minutes.
Sprinkle in the rice. NOTE: Do not stir the ingredients, just shake them.
- Add the wine and bubble for a few minutes.
- Add a good pinch of saffron, and pour on up to 1 litre of boiling chicken stock (it should come to about 1 cm above the level of the rice).
- Finally add the small cherry tomatoes and peas, season and simmer for 20 minutes.
Info per serving
* The nutritional information relating to a prepared statement after serving (190g)
**GDA = Guideline Daily intake based on a food intake of 2,000 kcal. Personal requirements vary depending on age, sex, weight and physical activity.