/ 9oz asparagus tips
spring onions, trimmed and cut into 33 small carrots trimmed, peeled and cut into rounds
/ 3.5oz fresh or frozen podded broad beans
medium-sized fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
dry white wine
/ 1oz butter
extra virgin olive oil
finely chopped mixed herbs to include mint, chives and parsley
good vegetable stock
Freshly grated or shaved Parmesan to serve
Squeeze of lemon
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the oil and butter in a large pan. Add the fennel and carrots and stir over a gentle heat for about 5-6 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add the spring onion and cook until softened.
- Pour in the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for a further 5 minutes on a low to moderate heat.
- Add the asparagus, broad beans and peas and cook for a further 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the herbs and cream and season well with a squeeze of lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve at once with the Parmesan and warm bread.