Our Aromatic Indian Rice has all the delicious flavour of authentic spices from Indian Cuisine, enriched by lentils and by the fresh texture of selected veg like spinach and cauliflower.
Even our rice is special, as we have combined white, red and black rice in a vibrant mix of unique flavours. All this and ready in 4 minutes!
Steamfresh Aromatic Indian Rice is also full of goodness*! Each portion contains 1 of your 5 a day of veg, is a source of protein* and fibre and is low in fat! Our steaming pyramids add the magic, locking in all the natural taste and goodness*, to give you perfect results every time.
*Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass.
Are you looking for some inspiration? Serve our Aromatic Indian Rice with hot and spicy chicken grills, sliced cucumber and a yoghurt dip!
Microwave - From Frozen
- Open outer bag. Remove steam bag(s) and place printed side up, unopened on a microwavable plate. Place in the microwave. If cooking more than one bag make sure that they are not overlapping.
- Do not pierce the bag. Do not microwave the outer (printed) packaging.
- Full Power.
1 bag: 650W/B: 3 1/2 mins, 750W/D: 3 mins, 850W/E: 2 1/2 mins.
2 bags: 650W/B: 6 mins, 750W/D: 5 1/2 mins, 850W/E: 5 mins.
- Stand for 1 minute. Remove the bag from the microwave, drain and serve.
During cooking the bag will slowly inflate as the steam builds up. A special vent in the bag will allowthe steam to slowly escape during cooking and a slight whistling sound may be heard. Tear bag open along dotted line and serve. BE CAREFUL! THE CONTENTS WILL BE VERY HOT.
Alternatively, Pan cook from frozen.
- Medium heat 6-8 mins
- Empty the contents of the bag into a pan.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.
- Heat gently with a lid on to retain moisture.
- Stir frequently until cooked, adding more water if required.
These instructions are guidelines only.
Do not refreeze after defrosting.
Mixed Rice (Long Grain White, Red, Black) (48%)
May also contain WHEAT, MUSTARD and SOYA
Please, check the ingredients and nutritional values for possible changes on the packaging. Allergens are highlighted in the ingredient list.
White, Red and Black Rice, Spinach, Cauliflower and Lentils with an Indian Style Seasoning.
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
Suitable for Vegans
Nutritional Information - Adult
Nutrition & Reference Intakes Information
Per pyramid bag (190g) microwaved provides:
Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ / 2000kcal)
Average Values per 100g: Energy 444kJ / 105kcal