Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and an active Facebook or Instagram account are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 08.01 GMT on the 1st December 2020 and 17.59 GMT on the 8th December 2020 inclusive.
- To Enter:
a) Entrants must log onto their Facebook account (or create one for free), then comment underneath the Birds Eye Facebook Promotional Post about the draw with a photo of themselves or someone they know with a beard and include a statement about why they need or deserve the prize.
b) Entrants must log onto their Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @BirdsEyeUK, then comment underneath their Instagram Promotional Post about the draw mentioning themselves or someone they know with a beard and include a statement about why they need or deserve the prize.
5. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per social media account during the Promotion Period, and only one prize per household may be won.
6.If you are nominating someone else, you must have their prior permission. Anyone nominated must also be 18+.
7.You must not include content that contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery.
8.You must not condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour and not cause offence on the grounds of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age.
9. Entrants must only submit images that are their own work. Uploaded images must not feature anyone below the age of 18.
10. You must keep your profile on a public setting for 4 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period so that we can contact you if you are selected as a winner.
11. The Prizes: 50 prizes and 50 winners will each win 1x ‘Shipshape’ Beard grooming kit consisting of:
a. Beard wash to help clean facial hair while hydrating the skin underneath, using cleansing citrus fruits and moisturising coconut oil.
b. Beard oil containing a mixture of citrus and ginger to soften the hairs and invigorate the skin.
c. A beard comb providing the perfect tool to control those stray hairs.
d. Styling wax combining beeswax and coconut oil for a firm finish.
e. Contained within a tidy tin, the kit will help you achieve an immaculate look just like the Captain.
12. Winner Selection: 50 prizes and 50 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the Prize Draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
13. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via a direct message to their social media account used to enter within 5 working days of Winner Selection. Winners will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
14. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by direct messaging the Promoter on the social media account used to enter. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
15. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
- contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
- promotes any political agenda.
16. The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter include the names, likenesses, photographs, or similar of any individual without their express permission.
17. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of residence of the winners will be made available by email request to email@example.com one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. The winners may object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on it’s reasonable request.
18. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another Prize for it, of equal or greater value.
19. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures,or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
20. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram or Facebook.
21. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram, and that Facebook and Instagram have no liability for any element of this Promotion.
22. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
23. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize awarded will be void.
24. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these Terms and Conditions if an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
25. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
27. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
28. By entering this Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
29. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
30. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Birds Eye, 1 New Square, Bedfont Lakes Business Park, Feltham, Middlesex, England, TW14 8HA.